About Us
 An Ancient Church
 An Emerging Church
   An Enchanting Church

An Ancient Church

 
Phase 1 (1844 - 1909) 66 years:
The Dutch, who first set their foot in Sri Lanka in the 17th century, built three gates for fortification purposes in Fort and Pettah areas. One such gate was known as ‘Kaymons Gate' where our present church stands.

Our history goes back to 1844 when a group of people started meeting in a small building near’Kaymons Gate', which was used as a school. People met here after school hours to pray, and by 1853 this was known as' Kaymons Gate Chapel'.

Until 1844, the same building was used as a chapel. In 1885 the earlier building was improved and renovated and people gathered here for worship. This place was known as All Saints' chapel, Kaymons Gate.

         


 
© 2014 www.allsaintschurchpettah.com   All Rights Reserved   
Designed By: FIPS(www.fipslanka.net)